Monday 18 February 2013

Drafts



These are my first designs; my initial ideas. These designs took inspiration from those found the front covers of Kerrang! magazine in the way that they have free posters advertised, big mastheads and main cover lines and a large quantity of other cover lines. I didn't take time and care with getting proportions, drawings and fonts right because these drawings were just to allow me to display the ideas I had in a visual way. I think that it is clear from these images that I was hoping to create a front cover that had a busy appearance with "fun" and bold cover lines. I think that having these features on the front cover will mean that my magazine won't conform to specific genre requirements and won't give away an signs of the kinds of music and lifestyle the magazine represents. The magazine covers have strap lines that include things like "FREE POSTERS" to make the magazine seem like it's giving away more than just it's knowledge on music. They include buzz words to exaggerate the amazing content found in the magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment