Tuesday 13 November 2012

Colour Mood Board and Analysis

The colours I have chosen represent Britain (besides the yellow). This wasn’t intentional however, I feel it fits in with the style of music I am planning on revolving my magazine around as these colours are often found on the magazines, posters and album covers of British bands creating British rock / indie / punk music. The colour red will be the main colour of my magazine as this is the most attractive colour to the human eye. This means that it will attract various viewers regardless of whether it is their preferred style of magazine / music. Red is also a colour that encourages people to make quick decisions, therefore having the masthead in red will evoke people to buy it. Red symbolises passion and love which demonstrates the feelings my magazine will have for the music it is reviewing / speaking about. I chose a darker red as I feel that this is more sophisticated and looks less childish. It also implies that the ‘love’ the magazine has for music is deeper than other’s. The colour blue has been known to symbolise trust, loyalty, wisdom, confidence, and intelligence and therefore incorporating this colour into my magazine will subconsciously make the readers feel as though then can trust the things the magazine is saying. The colours, white, black and grey are there for the background, the text and other basic things on the magazine. The more vibrant colours (red, blue and yellow) are there to highlight the more important parts of the magazine and the text. I added the colour yellow to the mood board as it is an excessively bright colour. As most of the colours I have chosen are quite dark, I felt that the yellow would benefit the appearance by bring a lighter feel to some areas of the magazine. I am planning on using this colour to highlight words, to fill in important textboxes and to possibly outline the masthead to make it stand out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment