Wednesday 13 February 2013

Original Ideas Statement

When thinking of how to make a music magazine, my original idea was to base the design and contents around Kerrang! magazine. However after realising how heavily imaged-based Kerrang! magazine was, I thought that NME would be more appropriate. Capturing photos for my front cover, contents and feature page would have been easier as well because I don’t know many people whose look would appear on the front of a Kerrang! style magazine. I hope to create a magazine front cover that has a wide range of headings, images and sub-headings to make it look busy and exciting; I plan to incorporate bright colours  such as yellow and red, but I will only use these in small doses because I don’t want my magazine to give off the ‘pop culture’ vibe. I will use big font types that don’t have any real genre-specific connotations because I hope that my magazine will appeal to a wide range of audiences. My contents page will be more ‘professional’ and compact to imply that the features in the magazine, despite being informal and colloquial, are factual and well thought through. My feature page will reflect my front cover in the way that it will be bright and full of quirky texts and images. I hope to create a feature page that contains a review in some way or another- to make my magazine stand out in the market I’m planning on making it have a USP of constant and trust-worthy reviews. I hope to make the written element of my magazine quite informal so that my young(ish) audience can relate to it. Because of this I will make the reviews quite opinionated so that the beliefs of the ‘editors’ of my magazine are suited to those of my audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment